Play trivia against other library patrons for fun, points, bragging rights, and maybe some swag! Season 1 is long in the books and without any further delay, Season 2 is ready to start. As in Season 1, each week will be themed. However, the theme will be that all the questions each week will have come from the same book, which is in the library collection. Week 2 will be an exception as that is Banned Book Week and all questions will be about banned books. The tiebreaker each week will be the name and author of the book the questions came from, and a question you can only possibly answer if you look in the book. (except for Banned Book Week) So a refresher on the competition is below:
1) The competition will be broken up into seasons, with a champion named at the end of each season. Season 2 will have one preseason week to practice. Preseason is for practice only and is probably a tad harder than the season 2 quizzes will be but will give an idea of how the theme will work. There will be 6 regular weeks to the season followed by a 2-week playoff.
2) Scoring will be based on a combination of your score on each week's quiz and bonus points awarded weekly to the top 5 finishers for that week. Each question will be worth a maximum of 10 points. Multiple choice questions are worth the full 10 points. Non-multiple choice questions are awarded points according to how close the answer is at the discretion of the quiz master. There will be 15 questions each week.
3) Bonus points will be given to places 1 through 5 and then the results (not the answers) and point leaders will be posted on this page. (Answers will be provided after the regular season has finished.)
4) Another change from Season 1 will be that each quiz will NOT be timed. You may find the answers any way you choose, but the official answer will be the answer taken from that week's book. For Banned Book Week, the correct answers are at the discretion of the quiz master.
5) There will be a tiebreaker question to break weekly ties but does not count towards any player's point total. The tiebreaker question will have 2 parts to it.
a) The title of the book used.
b) The author or authors of the book used.
6) If you figure out the book, you may request to see it at the circulation desk but may not check it out as it is checked out to the Quiz Master. This is to make sure every participant has a chance to see or use the book if they choose. This will only apply to the week of that books quaiz at which point it will be returned to circulation.
7) Each week's quiz will start at 9:01 am on Monday of that week and close at 9:00 am the following Monday.
8) Point leaders will be posted at some point after each week's close.
9) Once the results are in, the week's quiz will be reopened so those just discovering the competition may still enter and get points for that week's quiz, however, they cannot get the bonus points already awarded to 1st through 5th.
10) At the end of week 6, all quizzes will be closed. The top 16 participants will advance to the playoffs. The playoff participants will be then divided into 4 groups based on their positions for the first week of the playoffs. Position ties will be broken by best performance on the tiebreaker questions combined. (example: 1st, 8th, 9th & 16th will be in group 1). Rules for the playoff weeks will be the same as during the regular season. The winners of the 4 playoff groups will advance to the Championship week. Whoever wins that week is the Season 2 Champion.
The second season will begin on September 12th, 2022, but the preseason warm-up begins NOW! Click on a quiz link below to play.
(For practice, no points scored)
Week 1 Leaderboard
3) Lori Ann
If you have any questions, please refer them to the QUIZ MASTER