|President||Laura Beth Walters|
|Vice President||open position|
The Friends of the Dickinson Area Public Library organized in 1984 after a successful series of noon Sandwich Inn programs. The first board members were people who had attended the series.
The purposes of the Friends of the Library according to the Articles of Incorporation are:
1) Maintaining an association of persons and organizations who are interested in increasing, improving, and making better known the resources and services of The Dickinson Area Public Library.
2) Sponsoring cultural events and securing for the library materials of cultural value.
3) Enlarging public support, understanding, and use of the library.
4) Encouraging and receiving gifts, endowments, and bequests for the benefit of the library.
5) Establishing and maintaining a fund to accomplish these purposes for the benefit of the library. The corporation does not contemplate pecuniary gain or profit, incidental or otherwise.
1) Provide hospitality for events at the Public Library.
2) Facilitate the operation of “Twice Sold Tales” on a volunteer basis.
There is the annual meeting for the general membership of the Friends of the Library held every April.
At this meeting, committee reports are given, board members are elected and the membership has the opportunity to give input as to what they would like to see for the future of library service in the community.
Twice Sold Tales Bookstore
The Friends book store is owned and operated by The Friends of the Library Board of Directors and Volunteers.
We are open from 11:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday, offering quality used books at reasonable prices.
All proceeds go to improve the resources and services of the Dickinson Area Public Library.
128 2nd Street West
Spartan Nash & Friends of the Library
A very grateful thank you to Spartan Nash and Family Fare for their $1,000 donation to the Friends of the Library! This donation will be used towards the new Makerspace which will be part of the library's remodel and expansion. The donation was made possible through our patron's contribution of receipts from their purchases at Family Fare, thus a thank you is also being sent out to all of our patrons who have contributed their receipts. This program continues and with our patron's help, the Friends of the Library may receive more donations in the future.